Curious about Village Candles

My wife and I drove to Branson, Mo. today and we hit the local TJ Max. I found a couple of Village Candles which I haven't seen in several years. I absolutely love the wax consistency. I'm a little baby when it comes to candle making and I have only tried a few wax types but I would love any insight as to how they achieve the look/feel and incredable cold scent throw.

Anyway the wax is very hard and has what appears to be tiny little bubble like color variations which seem to expose many different hues. I guess the question is - does anyone know how they achieve this look and incredible cold scent throw?

You might look in the gallery for mottled candles and see if that's the look you are talking about. Mottled wax is just straight paraffin wax that you can use a few tricks to make it mottle more or less. Might be just cold pour straight wax too. Been a while since I looked at one of their candles so I cant say much more, just going on your description.

Bruce

You might look in the gallery for mottled candles and see if that's the look you are talking about. Mottled wax is just straight paraffin wax that you can use a few tricks to make it mottle more or less. Might be just cold pour straight wax too. Been a while since I looked at one of their candles so I cant say much more, just going on your description.

Bruce

Appreciate the direction Bruce. ty

I'm sold.. any good reference on learning that technique?

There have been many MANY test results posted here. Its just going to take some using that search drop down box above to get some real answers on the how to part. I know I have read tons of posts about how to get that look. Bruce

I'm not so sure that someone can tell the mp of the wax by looking at it and saying it looks hard or finger nailing it and say it feels hard.

120 to 145 mp wax should all feel and look the same if its paraffin and not a one pour blend.

If it were that easy I wouldnt have about 10 different slabs of wax laying around for the past 5 years wondering what the mp on it was. lol

Bruce

I use 1343 for mottles and rustics both. If the wax is sticking to the sides of the jar that's not what it is. It will pull away from the sides when it cools. It will do it evenly so it will look good. Most container waxes adhere to the sides from what I know. But I make my containers out of soy. I believe the melt point is 138%. It is definatly a 2 pour wax, it shrinks alot especially if poured hot to make it Mottle.