Lotion Tubes??

gloworm

Hey there! Hows it going ? I hope well. I am so confused what so special about the lotion bars? I mean i have never seen or heard of lotion bars. Lotion period. Why are they so hot here? What type of recipe would that consist of? like soap process?

Stacey

they work fine for me.. I also use the push up kind too, I tend to favor the twist up type better..

I think, and in my own experience selling the lotion bars, people love them because they are natural, don't take a preservative, they last longer than traditional lotion (mine last as long as 2 bottle of 4 oz lotion) and because they are loaded with skin loving ingredients to hit those extra dry spots (elbows, feet,cuticles etc). They continue to be one of my hottest sellers at show. I run a special for 3 of them and people scoop them up, I sold several hundred over the weekend. They also make UNIQUE gifts

Most lotion bars start with beeswax and butters and oils plus fragrance and I use jojoba spheres for color

I have no experience with tubes I use tins and sell them like they are going out of stock. There is usually at least one other soaper at the shows I do and they use tubes and complain that they don't sell

HTH

MIchelle

Hey there! Hows it going ? I hope well. I am so confused what so special about the lotion bars? I mean i have never seen or heard of lotion bars. Lotion period. Why are they so hot here? What type of recipe would that consist of? like soap process?

Stacey

Stacey

Here's a lotion bar recipe you can check out:

http://www.thesage.com/recipes/recipes.php3?.State=Display&id=107

They are actually easier to make than regular lotion :)

I think, and in my own experience selling the lotion bars, people love them because they are natural, don't take a preservative, they last longer than traditional lotion (mine last as long as 2 bottle of 4 oz lotion) and because they are loaded with skin loving ingredients to hit those extra dry spots (elbows, feet,cuticles etc). They continue to be one of my hottest sellers at show. I run a special for 3 of them and people scoop them up, I sold several hundred over the weekend. They also make UNIQUE gifts

Most lotion bars start with beeswax and butters and oils plus fragrance and I use jojoba spheres for color

I have no experience with tubes I use tins and sell them like they are going out of stock. There is usually at least one other soaper at the shows I do and they use tubes and complain that they don't sell

HTH

MIchelle

I have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind. What size tin are you using? What are you using as a mold? Are yours lotions bars 4oz or smaller? TIA