Flavor extracts- usable?

blazerina

Ok- I started to creat a new thread, then said 'dohhhh- do a search first!'

Nada. Lol. One post, one reply. So here is my Q: How useable are Flavor Extracts - NOT oils- in lip balm? The one post I could find mentioned the alcohol aspect as not easilly mixing. Would these require perservatives? Would they fade fast due to the alcohol base? Do they infact refuse to stay mixed and how would this affect lipbalm... sweaty balms? (lol.. reminds me of Schweaty Balls.... :D nm) Anyhoo- if anyone has ANY experience with these I would love to pick your brain! I have free access to some of these kinds of flavors and want to make my first lip balm! Thanks so much.:grin2:

OOOOOOOOkie dokie, lol......I think I just got hit with the stupid rake........are some flavor extracts NOT edible? What do you look for to know?

Now i'm really lost. Eek. :o

The whole thing sounds too difficult, lol. My sister makes occasion cakes and I want to make lip balm...and I know some use Wilton flavors to do so, so I asked her if she had any she no longer used. She said she had lots to give me and I was soo excited, lol.. then she says......."oh I thought you wanted EXTRACTS. No I do not have oils. These are alcohol based... not sure if those would work for your use. " :rolleyes2 She knows more about this stuff than I do and she only makes cakes, lol.

Anyhoo, thanks ladies. I will just use the Lemongrass Peppermint flavor oil that I recently got, and slowly build up my stock of others. Can't wait. I like to put it on my lips straight out of the bottle :shocked2:. I don't think i'm alone though in feeling the need for a variety... I've noticed some on the board are Flavor oil hos almost as much as some are Fragrance oil hos, lol.