anyone heard of this FO?

tarynjms

I've been trying to find the Circle E dupe Bird of Paradise for a while now. Circle E is very popular down here. Daystar's smells just like it OOB but I don't get a great scent throw with it. Still on the search. I saw this one at AH/RE and I'm gonna have to wait till another sale or I need something else.

Missy

BOP has been my absolute #1 seller for about 2 yrs, but I'm in Tx (home of Circle E), so I'm sure that's why.

I have always mixed this one myself & have been told over & over that mine is either dead-on or better than Circle E. I saw Candlebuddy posted a mix & I've seen several versions, but in case you want another -- I use equal portions of Strawberries-N-Cream & Pomegranate. Also, I've used several different suppliers for each fo & no one has ever mentioned thinking the scent smells different & I have about 6 customers that buy almost nothing but this scent.

As a side note: it always drives me crazy when someone says their BOP smells JUST like the flower. The BOP flower has NO scent!! This was a signature scent made up by Circle E that took off like crazy & now everyone tries to copy it. Not one of my favs, but I love selling it.

Susan.

I use equal portions of Strawberries-N-Cream & Pomegranate. Also, I've used several different suppliers for each fo & no one has ever mentioned thinking the scent smells different & I have about 6 customers that buy almost nothing but this scent.

Susan.

I have a Pomegrante from Tenn and I never thought it smelled like much but maybe mixed it would. Have always wanted a Strawberry n Cream like Party Lite so if I could find that I could use in both. Any suggestions ???

I also think Pomegranate is a stinker by itself & would have no use for it alone. I just ran out of Strawberries-N-Cream, so I'll just throw it on the next order I place w/ whoever has it in stock. Wish I could help you more, but I've never had a problem w/ that fo from any supplier - just stick w/ a supplier you like that has quality products. This is a breeze to mix up & you can use the Strawberries-N-Cream by itself for a 2nd scent in your line -- go for it.

Susan.

TxSioux, did you keep the name BOP? or have you changed it. We are in Louisiana and tried to skirt around not making BOP or a dupe...not gonna happen. Everyone loves the candles we are making but are still going to buy BOP ...so if ya can't beat'em...join'em...we use the same mix and it is dead on. Heard that from some loyal BOP lovers!

We renamed it Blue Hawaii ....and instead of pink with dark chunks...we went with light blue with dark blue chunks.

Shawn

I absolutely kept the name -- that's what they're looking for. I can't imagine selling as many BOP candles w/ another name. I used to check the trademark website regularly, but haven't lately - so as far as I know, it's not a registered trademark name. I have thought about this though & if I had to, I would rename it Sweet Bird of Paradise -- many 'old school' gardeners refer to the plant as such. I say, ride the wave as far as it will take you!!

Susan.

I tried Peaks and liked it but I didn't get a good throw in C-3. I also tried mixing the Strawberried-n-Cream and Pomegranate and didn't like it and I have a Circle E Bird of Paradise Candle here. Maybe it was the Pomegranate and Strawberry oils and I can't remember where I got them from at this point. I may have to give Peak's another shot. Maybe I need to let it cure longer because I don't have a problem with Peak's oils usually.

Missy