pulling my hair out! ( labels)

spatreats4u

OMG!!!!!!GRRRRR!!!!!

I am pulling my hair out...first off I have a cruddy printer BUT even with the templates that match my labels I cant get it to line up, be circle, right size etc.... Generally I have my dh do my labels since he can do this at work HOWEVER I want control of it since They change alot- for scents and new products. I dont know what to do. I need an idot proof way to do labels. Like if I were 5 ---- now my self esteem on being able to do this is down. I use to run/manage an office and now I cant even print a label :undecided :cry2:

What printer do you have and what can i do to just click & print???

Oh by the way my expensive software to create everything under the sun isn't even working to print...its not even printing just running the paper though the printer. Yes I may be slow here so dont bash me cuz I have already cried 3 times this morning after 3 hours of beating up my printer & puter:o

Don't feel bad, I feel like that every time I have to do any labels, I swear I'm surprised I'm not bald yet!! :rolleyes:

I can't do round ones to save my life. I use avery labels with avery software and still they come out "off".

So I basically gave up on the round ones, and just use one of the scrapbooking round cutter things, but they don't always look really good either. :undecided

Straight labels aren't as bad for me as far as lining them up, but I just hate hate HATE making labels PERIOD! UGH I never think they look good enough, and it takes me DAYS to actually get just a few done, it's pathetic.

I just wanted you to know that you're not alone (misery loves company right? ;) ).

Calibrate your printer and then try it on a plain paper and put it in front of your labels near some light and see if that helps. Otherwise you may have to measure out how much they're off and manually adjust them.

Oh and I find that I can only put one label paper in the printer at one time, otherwise they go in all crooked.

OMG!!!!!!GRRRRR!!!!!

I am pulling my hair out...first off I have a cruddy printer BUT even with the templates that match my labels I cant get it to line up, be circle, right size etc.... Generally I have my dh do my labels since he can do this at work HOWEVER I want control of it since They change alot- for scents and new products. I dont know what to do. I need an idot proof way to do labels. Like if I were 5 ---- now my self esteem on being able to do this is down. I use to run/manage an office and now I cant even print a label :undecided :cry2:

What printer do you have and what can i do to just click & print???

Oh by the way my expensive software to create everything under the sun isn't even working to print...its not even printing just running the paper though the printer. Yes I may be slow here so dont bash me cuz I have already cried 3 times this morning after 3 hours of beating up my printer & puter:o

I don't have any good advice, been there and found it is easier and less expensive to have someone else make labels, don't cry :o

I hear your pain on round labels! I gave up on making the round ones round (if that makes sense). I use the Avery software (free at Avery website) to do a few of my labels still - what I started doing was putting a square text box in the middle of the circle, then typing my label text and graphic in there. I make sure nothing goes beyond the circle when I'm putting my text in. Then I can print the darned things without worrying so much how things line up. They actually look better too, I think.

I've been gradually re-designing my labels to move away from round ones altogether. I'm also moving away from all the precut/shaped labels and going with full sheets that I cut. Way less headache for me! :)

Lori

I pulled my hair out too until I realized I had to use a label sheet instead of plain paper to calibrate the printer. That really made a big improvement in my labels. Unfortunately each type of label requires a different calibration. Once I got it figured out I made notes so I could set the calibration the next time I did that label. I also have a cheap uncooperative printer so I feed in one label sheet at a time.

For round labels I make sure not to have print out to the very edge.

Feeling your pain.

Good Luck

I hear ya. I pull my hair out everytime I make my warning labels. It is soooooo timeconsuming and it drives me literally nuts. :waiting: It takes up a lot of time when you are tyring to complete an order or candles for a show. It has been worse for me since I changed over to Label by the Sheet. I like the texture of their waterproof labels better than the standard textured ones I get at another online store....but they do not stay alined all the way down the sheet. It is crazy. I am going to have to go back to Label Universe standard labels. They can still be a pain at times but not as bad as the ones I get from Labels by the Sheet.

I wish I had some advise to give you, but I am in the same boat. I just wanted to share that I feel your pain.