One wax for containers and tarts?

With most container blends, no because they will make your tarts too soft. But here is a wax from Candlewic that is very hard and can also be used for votives and tarts. I haven't tried this wax yet, but I know others on the board have. I just requested a sample of it the other day!

http://www.candlewic.com/candle-wax/PDS-CBL129.pdf

Jenn

I have used Candlewic CB-129 or CB-125, can't remember which one, a few years ago. I just remembered I did do some tarts and they turned out great. I stopped making candles and wanted to try soy. I liked the CB, but of course I had to do repours, which I hate. No repours with Ezsoy, but not getting good scent throw.

I added 1/2 oz beeswax per lb. I used 1.5 FO per lb. I add at 180 also. I haven't tried my tarts yet. I thought I would let them cure. Do you have a good hot throw the same day? How much beeswax do you use? I also used it for candles same amount. Maybe my tarts will throw. The only problem I had in mini muffin pans were very shallow sink holes. The second batch I let cool on top of stove and didn't get sink holes. At what stage do you pour? I have found if I wait until 100 it is too thick by the time I am half through pouring. I have been pouring more of a thick cake batter than slushy.

I don't add anything and use EcoSoya PureSoy and they are not too soft. They pop right out in perfect little cubes and I can't keep up with the people who want them. My brother is bugging me now because he has people who want to place orders.

Stephanie