Good Grief! Need help with soy......

I just dont understand what it is w/me and soy. I started out with the GB 464, worked out the kinks and was very pleased with it, then suddenly my local supplier stopped carrying it and sent me 415 instead. I went on a hunt and found no suppliers anywhere near me that had 464, so I began working with the 415. Aside from having to pour slushy, I liked the 415 better than the 464 as far as throw. So now I go back to order more 415, and my supplier has stopped carrying it too! Once again, I searched around and cant find a local supplier for it. :cry2: I even checked out BCS cause I knew they sold EZ Soy which I heard is basically the same as 415 but it is no longer in stock. I really need a great hot/cold throwing soy that I can get in OK/TX area. One that isnt going to be discontinued. I dont color my soy candles, so frosting isnt an issue w/me. I do want a one pour, but I dont mind pouring slushy to get smooth tops. I want a 100% soy, or a soy w/modifier, no parasoy blends. Can anyone give me some feedback? I have searched through threads, but would really like some feedback from those that have used the GB 415 and are now useing something they like better. Anyone have any opinions on EL waxes?

TIA for any comments/suggestions. :grin2:

I use C3 and have an awesome scent throw both hot and cold. I mix a little beeswax with it to make the smooth tops. You also need to pour this slushy.

I just dont understand what it is w/me and soy. I started out with the GB 464, worked out the kinks and was very pleased with it, then suddenly my local supplier stopped carrying it and sent me 415 instead. I went on a hunt and found no suppliers anywhere near me that had 464, so I began working with the 415. Aside from having to pour slushy, I liked the 415 better than the 464 as far as throw. So now I go back to order more 415, and my supplier has stopped carrying it too! Once again, I searched around and cant find a local supplier for it. :cry2: I even checked out BCS cause I knew they sold EZ Soy which I heard is basically the same as 415 but it is no longer in stock. I really need a great hot/cold throwing soy that I can get in OK/TX area. One that isnt going to be discontinued. I dont color my soy candles, so frosting isnt an issue w/me. I do want a one pour, but I dont mind pouring slushy to get smooth tops. I want a 100% soy, or a soy w/modifier, no parasoy blends. Can anyone give me some feedback? I have searched through threads, but would really like some feedback from those that have used the GB 415 and are now useing something they like better. Anyone have any opinions on EL waxes?

TIA for any comments/suggestions. :grin2:

I did read up on the C-3. Looks like pour temps varie WIDELY. Anywhere from slushy to 180 from what I have read here on the boards. How is this wax for consistancy? I recall reading that 1 of the Cargil waxes varied wildly from batch to batch as far as wicking went, might have been the C-1. I appreciate your feedback. Oh yeah, I read someone said this wax needs at least 2-3 weeks cure time. Really?????? Im like a 3 day gal. If it doesnt throw in 3 days I move on to another FO, LOL!

We use C-3 from Just By Nature in Texas. We have been very satisfied with their service and nearly everything we have bought from them. We also buy fragrance oils from them and with few exceptions, have been very pleased with them. We have not found C-3 to perform wildly; to the contrary - we have found it to be pretty predictable. Frosting is not much of a problem, but it does occur with some scents and some colors. Pouring a little hotter on those seems to help reduce the frosting. I don't think we have ever poured C-3 over 170°. We began by following the manufacturer's instructions and the guidelines provided by our supplier. We have found that the wax is tolerant of a fairly wide range of pouring temps, depending on what you are making. Some projects seem to do better when poured hotter; others seem better when poured cooler. We use the CDN wicks from JBN for all our veggie wax projects and have had little trouble finding the right one for a given application. We have had excellent results with scent throw from the time the candles are cool - we generally allow a few days for them to completely harden before burning. We use the soy additive JBN recommends and generally are able to achieve very nice tops in a single pour at around the middle of C-3's temperature range. If pouring layers, we generally pour the first layers cooler and the last layer a bit hotter so the top will be smooth.

Good luck! :D