Who has the best quality in CD wicks?

http://www.fil-tec.com/candles/ultra.html. Check out this company. It's cool because on the right hand side of the bottom of page gives you 5 different wicks to click on. With each wick you click, it shows you how the wicks look during the wax pouring process. We use Fil-Tech 2.402 Ultra Core. I just love these wicks in our soy candles. Let me know what you think. You can buy like a sample kit for like $20.00. I did that and wished I bought more!!!

Tiffnie

Roma Soy

I am very disappointed with the CD wicks from Tennessee Candle.

I need a different supplier with higher standards and good quality CD's.

Thanks to all who respond,

Bob and DonnaMarie

http://www.fil-tec.com/candles/ultra.html. Check out this company. It's cool because on the right hand side of the bottom of page gives you 5 different wicks to click on. With each wick you click, it shows you how the wicks look during the wax pouring process. We use Fil-Tech 2.402 Ultra Core. I just love these wicks in our soy candles. Let me know what you think. You can buy like a sample kit for like $20.00. I did that and wished I bought more!!!

Tiffnie

Roma Soy

That's Cool..... May have to order a sample of those to test....:)

Candlewic is good... IMO

What problem are you having with the CDs?

Having to crimp every wick and at least 10 wicks out of one batch of CD14's so far that seem as though the wick wasn't inserted all the way before they crimped the tab. They limp over in the container when I try to center the wick. I think they have lousy quality control department. Do they even look at these things before they bundle them up?

I've also had problems with the CD wicks coming out of the tabs ... these were from TCS too. Maybe out of 100, it happened 4 or 5 times.

I was buying my CD's on ebay. I think I may have to order from there again. The price is good and great customer service. The ebay store is Nanna's Candle Nook. For me, shipping is cheap. This lady is in MD.

I've never used TCS's cd's but I've used C&S's and Soycandle.com's and I was blown away with the huge quality difference in them. I had to ask Melissa @ soycandle.com if she was sure they were cd's. I even asked in an earlier post if there was a difference in quality of wicks. They were coated so well and they stood straight up. I've never had one come apart yet. Hth

I get them from Candlewic as I had said earlier.

I can order them to the length I like.

I order them in different sizes so I can tell which wick is which.

CD14 - 5 inches

CD16 - 5.5 inches

CD18 - 6 inches

and so on......

That way if I ever mix them up or drop them ect, I can tell which wick is which... santa chee

ETS... Ever wick a jar and not sure which wick you used.

(Or for those that have other people wick jars for them and think they may have used the wrong wicks).

This way all you have to do is measure the wick.. It takes all the guessing out of which wick you used.

What response did you get from TCS when you told them about your problem?

donna

I am very disappointed with the CD wicks from Tennessee Candle.

I need a different supplier with higher standards and good quality CD's.

Thanks to all who respond,

Bob and DonnaMarie

What response did you get from TCS when you told them about your problem?

donna

I forgot the guys name but he said he never heard the problem of the wicks coming out of the tab. He said to call him back if the problem continues to exist, but I have been crimping the tabs so it hasn't happened again. Again, my problem is that I do not feel that I should have to crimp every single tab.

They don't know about the wicks not being inserted all the way in the tab yet, because it happened after my phone call to them.

I'll say it again. lousy quality control.

Bob and DonnaMarie

I totally agree with you. You should not have to recrimp all your wicks.

What a royal PITA.

Good luck,

donna

I forgot the guys name but he said he never heard the problem of the wicks coming out of the tab. He said to call him back if the problem continues to exist, but I have been crimping the tabs so it hasn't happened again. Again, my problem is that I do not feel that I should have to crimp every single tab.