Keeping shipping costs at a minimum when ordering..

HI, I was wondering what some of you do to keep your shipping costs to a minimum. Like for instance, do you order as much as possible at once, to not have to pay shipping on multiple items quite often?

I live in ohio, and their are a few suppliers that are like a 1hr. away from me. I was kinda wondering if I would save on picking up orders, or if the gas to drive a hr. away would be just as costly.

Just wanted some opinions.

Thanks, Leisa

If you have to have it shipped, UPS works in such a way that more items per order is much more cost effective. Multiple small orders makes for a much higher overall shipping cost per item. When comparing driving costs, don't forget to figure in your time as well - a 2 or 3 hour trip puts you out the cost of fuel and vehicle maintenance, plus the 2 or 3 hours that you could be doing something else.

... and JustScents and Candlemakers Store are also in Ohio. When gas prices were so high I called Steve and told him what I wanted and asked what the shipping would be.. he called me back with a reasonable fee.. considering my time and the fuel at that time. And Becky [JS] can make me plumb crazy with her sales.