Bath FIzzie Problem HELP!!

julwid

When i make bath frizzies...

I combine all ingredient EXCEPT citrus acid. I add citrus last!!!

that keeps it from frizzin...then i mix them all together and use my witch hazel spray like MIST spray...and mix together til you get a sand castle constitancy.

Then you're ready to mold them all...

and then the ones that fails!! I make milk bath frizzes with them :D

Dani

Your fizz on this batch will probably be a dud since it sounds like you accidentally activated that action. I've done that before too (frustrating, huh?) and gotten little to no fizzing action. But you still the get the benefit of all the other ingredients and can smell the fragrance so they are great to just use on yourself. :smiley2:

Yeah...the batch that fizzed likely won't fizz again...at least not much. Once the citric is activated, it's done.

I leave my citric to the very last minute and stir like crazy. Your mixture can't be too wet either or they will start to fizz immediately

Thanks I found that out. They will still fizz very little. I have been using them for myself. At least the smell is awesome. I think the scent which was sweet pea was too thick and it kept the ingred. wet too long. Thanks for all your responses

Boy what a mess i made last night. I made 3 batches of fizzes. The 3rd batch reacted right away and ruined. I thought the 1st and 2nd were going to be ok. About 2 hours later I go to check them and what do you know they are all fizzed and the cookie sheet is covered. Back to the drawing board. I wonder if I am adding too much fo. I just love these so much that I want to get this figured out. My hubbie loves them tooo.

This time I did mix everything except the citric I waited til last. and mixed up real fast then put them in the mold. They seemed fine for awhile and then something happened.

what other liquids are you adding along with the Fo? The mix is definitely too moist if they go off that quickly. I find the correct consistency is quite dry and only barely holding together in small bits. The pressure of stuffing them in the molds is what does a lot of the work and they wont fizz (much). Its definitely harder than it looks making a good bath bomb, for sure!