Does anyone have a formula?

ok best i can help you with is if its 8ounces of wax you would need 1/2 oz fo... so i would gues just a smidge over 1/2 oz lol .. i suck at math it took me 20 mins to figure out how much to use in order to make my strawberry and strawberries and cream when i only had 1 oz of strawberry lol

its crazy isn't it when i got into this i didn't realize my lack of math skills was gonna screw me up so bad. i add by smidges, dabs, etc... i just got a scale before i was 'weighing' my wax by going "hmm when i poured a 1lbs bag into this it came up to somewhere around here.. that looks right"

Well I think (watch out), that each wax holds a different FO load up to 10%, so if you wanted to add 6% you would use the formula above, if you wanted to add 9% you'd use .09x10oz.

I'm not sure if 1oz FO to a pound of wax is a 6% load though. Sounds right but I wouldn't say for sure. Where are all the folks who are good at math? 1ozFO to a pound of wax sounds like 10% FO to me, but seriously math was not my best subject, it fact it wasn't even close. I'd have to go so far as to say it was my worst.

The answer is 10 / 16 = .625 oz.

A few more examples:

12 oz wax is 12 / 16 = .75 oz FO

20 oz wax is 20 / 16 = 1.25 oz FO

That's a nice simple formula. Plus if you'd like to approximate percentages it happens to be more accurate. 1 oz FO per pound of wax is closer to 6% than 16 x .06. 1.5 oz FO per pound is closer to 9% than 16 x .09.