barely any scent throw at all...

How sad, my first votives I did last week have hardly any scent throw at all...I can smell them only if I hold my head over the burning candle and breathe it in!

I used 1oz love spell fo, 1 lb of KyPara/Soy wax blend for votives and tarts, and a small dye chip.

Does it need to cure longer maybe? Where I'm keeping them smells nicely, it's a small drawer. And they have a soft fragrance to them cold, but, it's not like it would scent a room at all.

What could the problem be? I thought I didn't let them cure long enough, but...I don't know. And then I thought maybe the fo just isn't good in soy.

I made them for my husband who loved this perfume when I used to wear it a few years ago. But, I can't stand perfume anymore..

To add....I am trying 2 of them now, one has a smaller wick, the other has a larger wick, and the larger wick is going out and it has some tall sides that are not melting down..

In my experimenting w/this FO I found that it is pretty light. Try adding more if your wax can hold it. The only one I've tried was from MC, I'm waiting on another sample from some place else. So I think it depends on where you got it from too. Oh and candlenose maybe? ~HTH

You have probably heard this before but a wick can make all the difference in scent throw.

I tested with 2 LX-20's and the throw was really strong but I wasn't completely happy with the burn so I'm testing with 2 HTP 83's ( same wax, same jar, same fo and amount ) Okay, the burn is very similar ( as far as melt pool width and depth ) but now instead of the throw being all through the house it's only strong in the one room. If you know your oil is good and strong and should be throwing then try a different wick. Some wicks just work better with different wax/fo combos.