Lip Balm Fragrance Help

skyeblue

no, just a local supplier, I am in Australia. I am just wondering how to open a pot of lip balm, sniff it and get a nice scent - watermelon or whatever, is this possible or is it really just flavour that you get form the flavour oil (sorry if this is a stupid question!)

Thank you.

"fragrance oils" are not "flavor oils" .... but I think we may have an Aussie vs. US lack of communication...

body safe fragrance oils should only be used for bath, body or candle applications...if they don't say 'safe for lip balms and food' don't use them

flavor oils are used to flavor edible stuff (cake icing, candy etc, vegetable based massage oils ;) ) or anything applied to lips; they can also be used in bath and body etc if they make it smell good...

different oils will give different results in different applications...unfortunately the only way to see what will make your lip balms smell great is to test, test test...most good suppliers will list their percentage recs on their site and product...

HTH

Hi,

Thanks, I know that only flavour oils are suitable for lip balms etc but just expected them to have more of a scent.

I do have fragrance oils but I only use them for candles and tarts.

Ah well, I guess I will just keep experimenting with different flavour oils.:wink2:

I never smell much in my lip balms. They taste fantastic though, and I have found that this is what makes them sell. I use pre-sweetened flavor oils from BC and WSP.

I let the BCN cure for two days and I'm trying it out today. I actually found out that I could use up to 6% FL-O so that's why mine weren't strong enough smell wise, but I have the tester right here at my desk and it taste yummy!

As a avid lip balm buyer, I only buy those that smell good and strong, so to me that is an important quality.

Anyway! Yeah, I agree the BCN pre-sweetened are YUMs.

I made some with Grapefruit and Peppermint Essential Oils. And though I used at least twice as much grapefruit you could hardly even detect it. Now that they have sat for a while the grapefruit is definately coming through. So maybe there is something to the "curing" idea. :undecided