New to candle making

Hello everyone.....

I am indeed a newbie to this and have a quick question about molds......i have heard you can use empty "plastic containers" such as those small deans milk chugs, is this true? Im looking for inexpensive molds that maybe are disposable, any suggestions would be great....... i want to invite my friends over for a candle making party......Thanx

Kelly :D

As long as it can take the heat (try very hot water in it first, but be very careful) and as long as the top is the same/wider than the base and their are no major indulations in the mould, then yes you can use it. I like using old yoghurt pots for my odd wax and in a candle book they have moulds made of strong cardboard!!! Never tried this but it looks interesting. When i first started i used to make tall pillars in long glasses, worked well, though my housemates weren't too happy at the lack of clean glasses!!! If it's for fun, then just try as much as your imagination (and saftey!!!!) allows!!!!