Darn Air Bubbles

Ok, can someone please help me!!!I've done a search on the forum for air bubbles and have tried most of the techniques i can find!!!!! I poke holes round the wick, pour at the right temp (80 degrees) pour slowly and tap the mould to dislodge the air bubbles.This usually works fine for most of my candles, but i like making long cylindrical pillars with slanted coloured layers, but always get darn air bubbles in the lower layers (what becomes the top). This means that i have to have the mould slanted so can't get in with a heat gun to the lower layers and it makes darn awkward to tap too when its tilted. I did see one idea about using a butter knife, but think if i did that i'd get the wrong colour wax on the wrong part of the mould!!! I use striaght paraffinSo is there anything more one can do to rid their candles of air bubbles, particularly for the slanted layered candles?

Do you warm your molds? That can help. Also letting them cool very slow helps alot too. I have never had the best luck with pillars. Pouring really slow and prewarmed molds usually help alot. I put my candles in the oven to cool. That way they dont get any drafts. Good luck:)

If you notice when you pour that you sometimes get a light film, and if you see the shiny stuff if you look down along the molds, hit that area with a heat gun just long enough to dislodge the bubble or poke it with a skewer. It won't (or shouldn't) be there when you unmold.