Beeswax Tapers???

I am thinking of trying to make beeswax tapers but I have some questions- can you add fragrance oil to beeswax- if so how much would you add? I have also seen the tapers rolled in Cinnamon and others spices. Can you burn the candle with these spices on them? I would not think so. TIA

Well, it wasn't that much of a help - I didn't answer your question about the amount of FO - standard for paraffin is about 3 to 5% I believe (depends on the wax), I found one website though that says you need to add "more" to overcome the natural scent of bw itself - though how much more was not stated. Personally, if it were me I wouldn't scent them - it makes it that much easier because you don't have to test for different scents that way! Plus I think the people who are into beeswax buy if for the fact that its made of beeswax - not that its scented.

Regarding the tapers, some of the "prim" ones I see are really nice and really "grubbied" - but they are decorative only - I would consider them more of an accent piece - or if highly scented - like a potpourri item.

I don't normally scent the beeswax tapers I sell either, except for 2 customers. One like hers scented with cinnamon and the other likes hers scent Cinnamon Bayberry this time of the year. I don't add a lot of FO (approx. 1 or 2 tsp. for (2) 8" tapers or about 4.3 oz. of wax), cause it can really hinder the burn. Also, don't expect to get any type of scent throw, that just doesn't happen with tapers. As the tapers burn you get a hint of the FO, but not much. :cool2: