Have you tried...?

Kelly

I think the PO has a 10 ft rule (or something similar). Meaning -- you should be able to drop your package from a height of 10 ft and it should not be damaged/break. They can deny your damage claim if they deem that your parcel is not appropriately packaged.

I would never attempt to send a glass container candle out in a padded envelope. It needs the strength and security of bubble wrap and a box. JMHO. :)

Considering you can get boxes free from USPS, I'd go that route for sure.

Why would you even want to do something like that? Even if it was insured, the post office wouldn't give you one red cent if it broke.

We had a lady come in and teach my employees last year on how to properly package a box. Rule of thumb is always wrap each item separately (no brainer) and you must have at least 2" all the way around the box with padding - then the items.

Go to the USPS site and get yourself some free boxes, then make sure you charge the shipping right and you won't even be out any money anyway.

Honestly, I've ordered B&B from places that packaged everything in a flat rate envelope and it completely turned me off from the company. If you don't care how your items get to the customer, how good can your items possibly be?

All of my products are treated like babies because I take alot of pride in my stuff and want it to arrive the way that I package it. If your customers are paying for the shipping anyway, may as well use it!

You are not making money off your shipping are you? My next question would be why?

This is a timely thread for me. I just got a video game cartridge in the mail yesterday. It was a gently used one from Amazon. It arrived safe and sound but the package was horrible. The cartridge is about 2 inches square and they had a piece of notebook paper wrapped around it and in a regular envelope. No container of any kind and not even a padded envelope. The outside of the envelope was torn. It's a wonder it even made it to my doorstep through the mail. Even though the item was fine, I was really turned off by the package and probably won't order from them again because I'm not sure another item shipped from them would make it to me in one piece. Then I'd have to go through the hassle of trying to get it replaced or my money back. Not worth it to me just because they didn't use the correct package.

BTW this was not Amazon the company, but one of their reps who sell used stuff through them. I've never had a problem with any of their "reps" or what ever they are called before. I really love buying books and DVD's this way. Most of them are brand new overstocks and cheap.