Need Help! Frosting disaster!

well, you could always grubby up the jar! Then, you wouldn't see color or frosting! I have had this problem with mine, too, that's why I don't use color for the time being. I wanted to try the frostop, but as stated earlier, it's out of stock until next year! Figures.

Stephanie

I was just in your shoes. I tried everything to get rid of the frosting and nothing seemed to work. I gave in to the Crisco solution I have read about and guess what..... It seemed to actually work. We will see in a few days how it turns out. I used about 1/2 oz pp of soy wax. HTH.

Jarrod

I was just in your shoes. I tried everything to get rid of the frosting and nothing seemed to work. I gave in to the Crisco solution I have read about and guess what..... It seemed to actually work. We will see in a few days how it turns out. I used about 1/2 oz pp of soy wax. HTH.

Jarrod

Let me know how that turns out, but I'm not sure I would want to add Crisco to my EZ Soy. But then again, if it fixed the problem completely I might. :)

Well it's been two days now and the candles still look fine. I had read many articles on other message boards about adding some type of vegetable shortening like Crisco to the wax. It makes it smoother and got rid of my frosting and seemed to help with the wet spots too. Let me know how it works out.

Jarrod

• 10 months later...

I am seeing the frost all around the glass today too. :( I pour between 110-100 and have poured around these temps since I started making candles. This is the first time I have ever encountered this. I am using the autumn orange though so that could be one of my problems.

I am using 8 oz jj's with an Eco8. If I were to try the Crisco, would I need to wick up/down at all? Thanks.

Dawn

Guest Candelishis

I've actually found that preheating my jars helps a lot with frosting. I just zap them for a few seconds with the heat gun right before I pour. I've heard pros and cons to the Crisco, a lot of people don't recommend it at all. I've never personally tried it.

Keep in mind, well, at least what I've experienced, Winter is when soy likes to mess w/ us the most. I've seen plenty of people get cocky & think they've tamed the soy beast, then start pulling their hair out as the leaves start falling! I've always maintained that weather is the uncontrollable factor when working w/ soy. Cold & humidity are biggies for me. I've been working w/ small amounts of CO & BW very successfully & have held back my glowing praises waiting for a cold snap ... if it ever comes!

Susan.

As Stella said, when the weather changed this last Spring, I was one who tore my hair out with the EZsoy frost issues and finally threw in the towel after battling with it for over a year with each change in weather. I'm using a blend now and (knock on wood!:meditate: ) so far, things are going well. EZsoy is very tempermental, though an awesome throwing wax! Along the lines of heating the jars, make sure they're not sitting on a cold surface after you heat them and while pouring. I always placed a layer of paper towels (or napkins) beneath them to insulate the bottoms.

I did a search on tempering but didn't find how to do this. I stir my wax quite a bit when I add the color and the FO. I stir it a few times during the cool down process waiting for it to eiither hit close to 100 or starts to get too slushy to pour.

I am using caramel apple from BCN and cannot smell anything using 1 1/2 oz of FO. I am getting what another posters son called "crayon smell".

Dawn