Quick help w/ ideas for scents...

scntdwik

We're headed to beautiful Canada for Thanksgiving to see some friends of ours. They celebrate Thanksgiving in October but are hosting a Thanksgiving for us and I want to make a display of Pillars for them for the table for Supper but I have no idea what scent to do them in.

Im doing them in a couple different colors of blue because this is her favorite color but I need help with ideas for the scent.

When she purchases Candles from me, she gets fruity scents so Im at a loss.

Considering they're going to be done in blues, what fo should I use???

I have asked her a couple times in the last week but she hasnt responded and I dont want to keep bugging her about it. I want it to be a surprise.

What do ya'll think?????

Thanks so much!

Generally, you don't want candles that'll be used at the table to be scented... it interferes with the smells of the food, and generally in a negative way. That's why you usually find tapers that are unscented. They're that way for a reason!

I scent my Pillars that go in my DR and kitchen and we burn them for special meals. She has purchased votives and containers from me that she burns in her DR also. That's just my preference!

Candlebuddy~something in Blueberry is the first thing I thought of also but the Blueberry fo's I have are very dark and have a tendincy to turn my wax green so I was trying to stay away from that.

I was able to get ahold of her and she asked for Blackberry. So much for the surprise! So I ended up doing them in a very dark blue w/ Blackberry.

Everybodies different but a strong scent might be a clash with the meal. Personally I'd do a vanilla if I scented at all. The scents of the meal should not be overpowered. Sorry to go against the grain but smelling fruit or blueberry when I'm looking at turkey and gravy just wouldn't be right. [for me anyway]