grubby jars with candles shown lit.

littysmom

I havent been posting on here alot, just observing mostly, but I have burned tons and tons of candles with the fabric tied around it and never had a problem. To each there own however. Good job on them they look really nice, I love the prim/country look.

Hey there, thanks so much for the positive feedback.

I havent been posting on here alot, just observing mostly, but I have burned tons and tons of candles with the fabric tied around it and never had a problem. To each there own however. Good job on them they look really nice, I love the prim/country look.

Hope you don't sell them without a warning not to leave material and tags on the jars.

those look really nice. Did you actually fill the jars with container wax or did you put a votive in them. They look really nice when they are burning! Good job!

I actually had the jars already poured, and turned them upside down, painted the stuff on, let it dry turned it over, and touch up near the rim. Last night i painted some empy jars, gonna pour today. Thanks for looking and the feedback

Those are really cute and prim, good job!! :thumbsup:

Also, I think if the fabric etc. is down low enough from the lip of the jar, I don't see why you couldn't leave it there, but you're right to have a warning on there just in case. ;)

Carry on....

Ok, Einstein, please share with us all, how on earth the material is going to catch fire through glass? :D

Well now, you never know, do you? Maybe the candle will be on a marathon burn, the flame reaches 10 inches high, sparks fly, land on homespun and tag and up goes another house. But hey, it's your house.

Einstein.

thats about as probable as sparks flying and landing on ANYTHING near by made of cloth. Its just common sense. Some people tend to follow it and some dont have an inch of it. Of course a warning label is there to cover yourself just in case. My point is that anything could happen with any candle, anywhere....so its just common sense. If the people that dont have common sense have that problem, well at least you had a warning label.

Well now, you never know, do you? Maybe the candle will be on a marathon burn, the flame reaches 10 inches high, sparks fly, land on homespun and tag and up goes another house. But hey, it's your house.

Einstein.

Ok, and if you are dumb enough to burn a candle that long you are seeking disaster regardless. I see the glass cracking LONG before the homespun on the outside of the jar decides to "catch fire". I would rate that happening somewhere up there with the second coming of Christ on the when will it happen scale.