ideas for centerpieces?

Georgia

We have a Christmas luncheon at work and attempt to dress up the training room - it usually ends up looking like a high school gym decorated for a dance, but whatever. Last year, we had poinsettias on the tables and drew names to see who got to take them home. This year, the HR department asked me if I would be interested in making 20 to 25 centerpieces for the tables! I'm so excited. I have some holiday candles on holiday plates, but I was wondering if anyone had any great ideas to share with me. I'm really honored and would like to do this right. I'm thinking pillars, but if anyone has ideas for dressing up jars, I'm open to suggestions.

This post reminded me of the Jar Lamp that is talked about in the Supplier thread... you could use the super mini white lights that are battery operated in a big glass jar with something festive inside (they recommended Potpouri) And then you can hide the battery pack amongst some pine boughs or something of the sort. Undegerground Candels mentioned using mirrors, I think that sounds wonderful! I imagine a big pillar in the middle of a round mirror base, with either just votives around that, or a selection of different sizes in complimenting colors. I've also always liked the idea of a bowl of round metallic ornament balls with a pillar hidden amongst them with only the top exposed in a matching color. Floating candles are always fun and are instantly able to change the atmosphere. You could even scent the water.

Something easy would be to lay greens along the middle of the table, with a string of lights and anything you place at intervals will look fabulous, and then with the main centerpeice in the middle. You could do votives in rolly poly type jars and lean an acrylic snowflake against it on each side. Wal Mart is great for these at a buck or less each. You can even get the glass looking icicles in packs of six for 1-2 $. They would be neat tucked into the greens.

That's all for now, lol.

http://www.hormel.com/templates/knowledge/knowledge.asp?catitemid=46&id=145

You mentioned pillars, here is a picture of 3 pillars on a plate with cranberries. I am stuck on you using cranberries. I love red this time of year.

Simple, but festive. I like it. I was searching through FTD website. Oooh, the ideas. I think I'm off to do some shopping!

What about getting some gold and silver charger plates and putting the holiday themed plates on those then decorate with red marbles and white flowers. Maybe you can find a couple of candle rings at the $ store that have white, silver, gold and red in them.

You can do an unlimited amount of things. Just have to decide what you like and think looks nice.

Chauna

HTH

:D