Tarts and Melts?

i just started trying my hand at tarts so i won't be to much help but i did add 1tbsp of beeswax to my soy to firm it up a bit worked great i had to pop the molds into the freezer for a couple mins to pop them out of the mold but i didn't need any mold release. i stuck with my usual 1oz fo pp

I make the traditional muffin shaped ones. I use KY votive blend because after testing that was the one I liked best. I would say that is what you will need to do too, test until you find what you like. I like the KY for its nice surface, wonderful colors and great scent.

I also found some other containers that I have been playing around with for some change. I found an ice cube tray that makes little bullet shaped ones that I package in a cello bag. (my husband calls these suppositories!) I sell either two one-oz melts or the bag of melts. I have found it is good to have the choice.

htp

nantes

All I do is tarts and I don't sell them - make them for myself and friends and family. I use tiny muffin pans that are sold in stores for molds - they make a one ounce tart. I use 100% soy wax with no additives. I add 1oz FO per lb. Most of the time I melt at least 2 tarts at once - sometimes 3. I package them in bags of 2-3.

They are easy to make and safer for the environment etc, they are not putting any "soot" into the air as even a soy candle puts some. That is why I stick with tarts - plus - I like the fact that I can change scents often without spending as much as I would on a candle. I don't think I will ever try making candles -- too much work - ha. Good luck and hope you enjoy making them too.:D

Hi! I use EZ soy and add a bit of BW and 1 oz of FO pp.

I found some metal tart molds at Bed Bath and Beyond for .29 cents each. I like the style of the molds better than the ones I bought at CS.

I usually pour at 100 degrees, and let them firm up and then pop them in the freezer for 7 minutes.

I have found the process is faster when the weather is colder.

I sometimes add dye, but I get frosting, so usually I stick with the plain wax. The FO adds some color anyways.

Have fun!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I Love this tart idea, just started making soy candles and love the vanilla silk and hillbilly homebrew fo from Natures garden... I am anxious to try this tart idea today just wondering what to wrap them in for sale later

Any Ideas would be super :D