Sticky Wick Pins

Hey there everyone. I'm new to this forum and pretty new to candlemaking as well. I have started out with votives, using Cargill's Naturewax. I have been using the wick pins and I love them except for the wax really seems to stick them. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, what is your solution? Thanks.

Angie

If you are using the votive wax and they are sticking, try spraying them with a little non-stick spray like Pam (the plain kind) before you put them in the votive cups and pour your wax. You can also do this with the votive cups too. I just spray a little in the cup and wipe out the excess with a papertowel. After they set up, putting them in the freezer for about 5 mins or so, also helps them to release out of the cups and off the pins. Just make sure you are letting them set up long enough to get firm all the way through.

I know the solution with paraffin.

I only make paraffin votives and the pins always stick. I think of it as normal and removing them as a matter of technique. You hold the candle firmly and give the tip of the pin a real solid whack on a hard surface. It seems scary, but and lo and behold a perfect votive every time.

I picked that up on this board and lots of people do it, but the question is does it work for soy votives? Enquiring minds want to know.