Scent Creations, The Art Of Mixing Scents

onesweetscent

Is there an art in mixing scents? I thought it would be a good idea to post your best mixed scents. I know with using layers, people tend to mix FO's all the time. Or with your pie candles. What is your BEST scent ever when mixing your FO's?

For me, I love the smell I get with my layer candles using three layers, three different colors and three different scents. My best seller is when I mix old fashion banana pudding, grandma's kitchen ( fresh ground cinnamon sticks) and top it off with toasted marshmallow. You would want to eat the candle for sure! laugh.gif Love it.

Of course you had to ask me that, lol... I make small batches of everything when I do anything- since I don't sell. And that means I don't worry too much about measurements... drops of this, capfulls of that...but thankfully you only asked about ratio- I think I can answer that, lol. What I did was start with a base of Lemon Drop and then added the Peppermint Candy Cane as an afterthought. But the lemon held it's own quite well and it just changed enough that I got the 'ice' I was looking for out of the Peppermint- and since this one was the Candy Cane version I think it melded well with the candy scent of the Lemon Drop. I'd say the ratio was in the ball park of 1 part PCC to 3 LD. But if you hate it don't blame me, lol. That's my best guess. :confused: