To much Dye?

Dove

How do you fix over dying...I think that has happened to one of my candles...I was at a show yesterday and burned my Pumpkin Spice...Now remember that is the one that messed up the color and tried to fix it...So when I was burning it at the show the flame was really small...It is fine on the others just this one so I believe there is to much dye in it...How do I fix this without throwing everything away...I thought I could just melt down my jars and add more wax and FO and repour so the dye has been thinned down but what about the wicks do I have to replace them or are they okay because they haven't been burned yet?

I don't think I would want to burn them at shows if they aren't burning correctly....and the wick wouldn't be clogged up if the wax has never burned. ....How do you know this is the only one not burning correctly? If I had one candle out of a batch that was not burning correctly, I would have to assume none of them would burn correctly. I do believe I am confused so I am not sure why I am even posting to this...

I don't think I would want to burn them at shows if they aren't burning correctly....and the wick wouldn't be clogged up if the wax has never burned. ....How do you know this is the only one not burning correctly? If I had one candle out of a batch that was not burning correctly, I would have to assume none of them would burn correctly. I do believe I am confused so I am not sure why I am even posting to this...

When I said the others are fine I meant the other scents just not this scent so I am guessing it is because I over dyed this scent.

Well I would first try a remelt with additional wax and see what happens.

Now what do you really think about the wicks? I mean, they aren't burnt right? Why did you think you couldn't use them? Curious.

What I mean is the wicks that are in the jars that I will be remelting...Do I need to throw those ones away or are they okay...I know the wicks in general are fine just those I have already used...

I just tested Pumpkin Spice (C&S) and mine needs to be "wicked up". MOST of the scents we use work fine with one type wick, but there are a few that need to be wicked up or down, depending. If the other candles are burning fine, I would just remelt this one and try wicking up.

(disclaimer: I am still a newbie - take what I say with a grain of salt...lol)