Another Tart Question

gmp

Generally, the rule of thumb is 1 oz of fo pp of wax when making candles.

Is this the same rule for making tarts? I purchased some tarts to compare to the ones I made, and mine seem to be a bit weak. I used 1.5 oz of fo pp in my container wax. (I know container wax is not the preferred wax, but since I already have it on hand I want to stick with that).

If I can add more fo when making tarts I would like to do that.

TIA!

I also use about 12%, i know some folks might raise an eyebrow to this, but I have had NO problem whatsoever...I use Straight 130' MP Par. and add 1.25 tsp. Vybar 103 /lb. wax... Makes a great, long-lasting tart; they pop out of their molds easily, and of course, good FO's help in the mix as well!!;):D

Thanks, Sharon!

I am going to have to mix in some paraffin wax after all. I have been working with the wax this morning and they won't come out of the warmer after they've been used a couple of times, even when I throw them in the freezer. (They pop out of the candy molds just fine, but not the warmer).

Do you think I can pick up wax at Michaels, as I want to get these done and don't want to wait/pay for them to be shipped. I would also like to mix the wax with the container wax I already have since I've already dyed and added the fo to it.

I use the tart wax from Soy candle (the 416 soy) It's very firm. I add a bit of pillar wax to reduce frosting and this works very well for me. It takes as much oil as I give it.

Sharon, did you say you use 103 pounds of wax at a time? That's a lot of tarts! I was thinking about trying your formula, but how would I reduce that for a small batch?