Presto Pot size?

Does anyone know if a new Presto Pot, in the box, will fit in the overhead luggage on a plane? My mom is flying to S. Cal today and said she will bring one back if she can get it on the plane. She didn't want the hastle of shipping it back to me. I have never seen one so not sure if it will fit in the carry on thingy. TIA

Janette

Janette, I just happen to have a brand new one in the box sitting here, so I measured it. It's 12 3/4" high x 12 7/8" wide x 9 1/2" deep. Looks to me like it'll fit just fine, but you might want to check your airlines' policy for carry-on sizes just to be sure. HTH!

(or roughly 32x33x24cm)

Bought two of them yesterday....21.00 walmart...try online!

I will check again now...but don't think they will ship to Canada. WalMart has a seperate Canadian site (I think), and it doesn't offer the Presto Kitchen Kettle. Must be some sort of conspiracy:laugh2: They don't want us Canadian making soup I guess:laugh2:

Janette

With all of the heightened security these days on planes.....do you think they will allow you to bring that on board? Just curious.

We will see. My mom is going to ask on her way down. Not really sure what threat an electric cooker poses, but you never know these days. If she can't get it on I'll post so others will know.

Janette

Good luck.

The Presto kettle is UL listed, but not CSA or CUL listed therefore it can't be sold in Canada.

I wondered about that. I bet if use one my insurance policy will be an issue. I guess I will have to check with my insurance company and see if this could void my policy.

Janette