1 oz pp or 1 tbs per pp of FO

momof4kids

If you go in and do an advanced edit of your first post, you could change the title of the question to "How much fo per pound of M&P?" and maybe you'd get more responses. :)

I've dabbled w/ M&P but am no expert. But from what I've read, M&P'ers generally recommend no more than 1-2 TBL. of additives per pound of soap base. So I'm thinking you could try 1 TBL. of fo per pound and see how that works.

hth :)

For MP it is much less fo than cp. I usually use 4oz molds and they generally only need 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of FO. That would be about 1-2 Tbs pp, I think. With MP you have a better idea of how the final soap will smell, so I add fragrance until it smells good and then add a touch more to allow for any fading.

I only use .5 oz pp in my M&P.

It doesnt take much unless the fo is very weak.

Hmmm I guess I must like stronger smelling soap than you then, since I usually use 1oz pp, sometimes even a bit more depending on the FO.

Very rarely have I found a scent that requires me to cut back to .5oz. pp, and that was lavender which to me if I use more than .5oz. pp smells nothing like lavender (more like skin so soft from avon).

Also, wouldn't measuring the FO out be different than weighing it out? I've never measured it out, so I'm not sure, but I would think that since some oils are denser than others, that there would be a variance. I guess if you always measure it out then it wouldn't really matter huh? ???