2X3 Labels

Candlewitch

Why don't you get a full sheet and make your own label in word? Since I went to full sheets I've never looked back..

I have run into the same problem as Candlewitch -- finding that size for labels. How do you make the cutting of your own labels less time-consuming? Is there a method I am unaware of?

I was also going to cut my own tags on a full sheet and got fed up with it. So, I now print it on business cards, and I only have to cut once -- down the middle. Although, I would like to have a slightly smaller square on some of my smaller jars.

Thanks. :)

I have this problem also. I bought blank sheets and plan on buying a cutter. I honestly don't know what's it called, but it will cut sheets into strips, you just place the sheet where you want it cut. If I don't feel like doing it, a friend offered and her pay would be free candles!

Stephanie

I have this problem also. I bought blank sheets and plan on buying a cutter. I honestly don't know what's it called, but it will cut sheets into strips, you just place the sheet where you want it cut. If I don't feel like doing it, a friend offered and her pay would be free candles!

Stephanie

Hi Steph,

I have cutter but it is the kind where you have to place the paper and cut one way and then turn and then cut the other side and so on and so forth. What a headache and it is easy for it to come out uneven. Is it a different kind of cutter you are talking about? The one cut down the middle of the business card is working out great for my tags but I wish I could have some of them a little shorter but that means two cuts.....which would not be as bad as four cuts on all sides. Let me know if you find out what the cutter is called that you are talking about. Thanks. :)

P.S. Actually, if I cut the bottom off on my tags I would have to rescale my logo and font, etc. so that would mean I would actually have to cut all four sides down to scale. This is the headache. :undecided So, I make do with the size it is. They look great but could be a snidge shorter on my squaty jars.

It's probably the same cutter. My boyfriend's mom had one years ago. Other than that, I don't know. I have googled labels for the 6-cavity clamshells and can find no labels that are the perfect size. I guess I'll just give my friend candles and let her deal with it! Sorry I couldn't help more. If I do find some the right size, I will repost and let ya know.

Stephanie

Okay, this is what I found. I remember I did find some that weren't the exact size I wanted, but were close. The inkjet ones are expensive, the laser ones are cheaper. They are 2.83"x2.2". I wonder if you could use these even though there 2.83"x2.2" instead of 2.2"x2.83"? I don't know. Anyway, here's a link and I'll see what else I can find.

http://www.labeloptions.com/Inkjet_Label_Laser_Label_p/l750.htm

Stephanie

I have run into the same problem as Candlewitch -- finding that size for labels. How do you make the cutting of your own labels less time-consuming? Is there a method I am unaware of?

Thanks. :)

Yup, I make a template filling up the whole page of those labels, moving my margins higher up and wider and down. (Gotta use every inch of possible, I'm a cheapskate!) Outline them all in very very light gray, and get out the cutter and cut just inside the lines. This can be done by right clicking and hitting format text box or right clicking and going to table options, then borders and shading. Makes cutting soooooo much easier! And not having to carry 20 different label sizes? Fantastic!

If you need more of a step by step, let me know and I'll be more than happy to help!

What's the plate charge for if it's a blank label?

Seems hard to get, only in white unglossed? A high gloss would be ok, but clear would be great, havent found it yet. The cost was .14 plus plate charge of $260 and thats just a blank label.