Does your wax have balls?

:laugh2: Users of 464 or 444, or people who have used it.... I was curious if it exhibits the tiny spheres while the non-2%-additive portion melts. Apparently, the emulsifier seems to have a higher mp. (I've melted it in some 415 before and noticed it doesn't melt as quickly.)

Anyhow, I'm asking b/c I rec'd a couple of pounds of a certain wax. Then, bought a case... which seems to exhibit a different texture, is ball-less while melting, and behaves a bit differently post pouring, and during burn. I'm just trying to nail down what stuff I may have rec'd.

TIA

I would reckon this was a male version you received, lol. As opposed to the smooth, differently behaved, ball free version. :grin2:
Also explains the disproportionate shipping charges.
I wish my wax had balls, then I would have something to play with while it melts...
:lipsrseal

Seriously, Call and ask Jason at Golden Foods.. He would know if there were issues with this wax.
Good idea, thanks. I'll try & contact him this morning. I think I found the mp of the additive. 156-162F. That would explain why it took longer for the balls to disappear... :tongue2: That is, if that was what I was observing.

Anyhow, thanks to all who responded. :smiley2:

I've never seen anything like that in my 444, but I'd love to know what you find out.
What I found out...

The additive powder is used (as opposed to the beads) for the formulation of 464 & 444. My initial experimental portion of wax I rec'd may have been one of those two. Can't be certain because I don't have any left, and had thrown away the bag it which it was shipped.

When melting flakes, sometimes they melt together and become a mega clump o' flakes. Similar thing may have occured with the additive. That may have been what I saw. Or it was many entire strange galaxies appearing in the molten for the briefest moment, only to be snuffed out prematurely by my selfish desire to make a candle.