Introduction and question

Hello everyone, just found this board today and have been reading and reading. I am oldie getting back into the business. I had my own business for 4 years and poured paraffin, for the past two years I have been playing and testing soy.

I just started selling again this year and have done a few craft shows, well I got a big Christmas order and my question is, I need to do this in my garage that has no heat. If I set up with some heaters and poured during the day where I can keep it at a consistant temp do you think I will have any problems? Should I bring finished candles into the house at night, or will there be no problems since they will be pretty much already set up? I usually pour in my basement, but I have skids of wax and glass coming and I just don't have room in the house.

I hope to become a regular here, and hope it is okay to jump in with the questions.

Hi and Welcome, new to this site myself, I would say just make a couple candles and test it out to see if you need to bring them in. Good luck :)

It would probably be annoying if you got a really big order then had to haul candles around!!

~~Kelly~~

Are you located in a state that gets cold weather? In my experience if I were to leave my finished candles in the cool garage I usually get bad frosting in the color. I don't suppose you can put your wax and jars in the garage?? And pour in the basement! Is your basement heated?

Yes, it does and is starting to get cold here. My basement is heated and the garage is not. I could put supplies in there but that would be a lot of carry glassware, and more chance of breakage. I don't color my candles, so I wouldn't have to worry about the color aspect.

Hi Kimber4~ I'm in Columbus, where are you in Ohio? I still work in the kitchen, but I want to move to the basement. Taking supplies down is a huge PIA but the garage is just too cold and ugly for me to be spending any time out there. :smiley2: