Show - Booth Pictures

Brenda

Well, the show I was at today proved to be a disappointment. I was really expecting a much better result and had worked very hard to prepare. Barely made 3Xs my little booth fee and got more and more discouraged as the day wore on. A nice basket maker was next to me (a veteran of 12 years of craft shows) and she said it was very poor - not enough traffic.

Here's pics of my little set-up before we started:

The front (pay no attention to the guy on the phone. My husband had to be on call for his tech job this weekend and had to take a call.) He was so supportive today!

booth_front.jpg

Here's a look down the corner:

booth_corner.jpg

Things that sold? Things that sold were lip balms, a couple of lotions, and a number of bars of soap. Got several requests for a straight lavender soap which I don't make. No lotion bars sold. Did sell some silky bubble bath.

Rethinking doing shows. :undecided

Brenda, don't feel bad. I sold assorted stuff at my show today but only one lonely pillar. :undecided There was another chandler there with soy jars. The person who bought the pillar commented that she was buying from me because my stuff smelled great and the other gal's just smelled fake, did I know what she meant?

LOL, I think we all know what she meant. There is a huge difference in FO quality, depending upon the supplier.

OMG , let me go to the next show with you. I will have them selling left and right.. Oh wait.. then I would be broke.. LOL I love your soaps and it definetly must have been a very bad show because you have got to be one of the best soap makers on this board!!! You rock! Love your display

( Hi guy in the back talking on the phone) :laugh2:

Christina

:) Thanks so much for all of your morale-boosting comments. I'm just not sure that shows are the way for me to go. I'll have to give it some serious thought and be smarter about shopping around for shows to do. I suppose it would be foolish to give up without more of a fight.

That fabric is a great one, Robin! I was browsing through the bolts for something that I could use across at least three seasons by varying the accessories and it called to me. I almost choked when the fabric cutter handed me the price ticket though.... I have three more yards of this unused fabric folded neatly in a bag. :o Bought too much.

Dipping my feet into the show world has given me a real appreciation for members here who go into this battle on a weekly basis! My hat is off to you for your successes! :cheesy2: