Early show check-ins

Scented

I answered your poll - I guess I'd have to say 10x booth fees. But it comes down to actual $$$ - if I can't make more in one fair day than I make at my day job (which is very well paid), then I'm a bit disappointed. I can't even imagine doing $3K in take, my shows are very small. They range from free (and I did $400 worth of business) to $45/day.

Everyone will probably be different - when I started I was extremely pleased when I made $50 in a day :) Now I'd cry and slit my throat lol...

Everyone will probably be different - when I started I was extremely pleased when I made $50 in a day Now I'd cry and slit my throat lol...

:laugh2: Robin my hubby and I were just talking about that the other day. My very first show I made $197 and I was just tickled to death. The next show I made $800 something and my husband and I literally put all the bills on the floor and rolled around in them...I totally :laugh2: when I think of that! I now would totally be disappointed with $800. That might sound ungrateful and sorta snobby and I don't mean for it to...it is just where I am now after many years of hard work. It just kept getting better and I found that the more I do the same show each year, the better it gets each year (repeat customers!). It just comes with time and that is why I hope those that want to continue to do so will stick with it, even after a few disappointing shows.

(edited because I should not try to type a post while eating a late dinner, pouring three cases of candles and attempting to carry on a converstaion with my husband. I *think* I fixed all the typos!)

I will tell you what gets me excited. Everytime I go to the bank and make that deposit. Whether it is $5 or more than that it doesn't matter to me. We all would like to have those monster days of making hugh profits but a whole lot of little days that add up is just as exciting.

Rockin