Wick Question

I'm using EZ Soy, 8oz Jelly Jar with a diameter of 2.5", and HTP-73 wick. The flame is weak, smells great, wax on jar, not tunneling but just not melting it all. MP decent, deep enough but like I said just not quite hitting the edges.

Unfortunately I don't have HTP-83's or HTP-104's on hand and not sure if I should just wick up to the 83's or order both. If anyone here uses something similiar do you find the 83's work well for you or do you go all the way up to the 104's?

Look forward to hearing your advice/experiences! Thanks in advance!! :grin2:

~~Kelly~~

P.S. If you all haven't picked up on this yet I'm pretty tight with my money since I work a crappy job to earn it! :)

P.P.S. Hollyberry scent from Bittercreek ~ yummy but after awhile I can't smell it anymore... I think that I just get used to it because my boyfriend still smells it!!

I use Eco 8's in my JJ's also because that's what came with the starter kit. I get a nice hot throw but with specific scents, my wick flickers and mushrooms....even though I had a nice melt pool, no wax hangup and no soot. I've ordered the CD's from BCN to try them out in my 8oz JJ's. I want to try other wicks because I'm not totally convinced that the Eco 8 is what I'll use in the JJ's with every scent.

HTH

:wink2:

Editing to throw in the fact that I'm also eyeballing the Premier 700's, too.

I think you need to invest in other wicks. The 73's are too small for that jar and if you get a tougher to wick FO, it won't burn well at all. Test with an 83 to see how it does compared to the 73. I would also test with a 104 too. You can buy a sampler pack that is not that much money and worth the investment. BCN has many different types of wicks and sampler packs for about $7.00 a pack. HTP and ECOs are both self trimming wicks and do well in soy. You just have to figure out which wicks you like and which wicks work with which FOs. Some FOS might need a different wick all together than what you will wick most of your FOs with. It's all a matter of testing (frustrating as it is) to figure this out. But, it can be mastered.

Yes testing is very important. I find that asking for advice and other's experiences is part of testing. I guess I'll order the Eco 8's, HTP-83 and HTP-104's. Now instead of spending 7 bucks for one pack of HTPs I'm going to get 3 different packs of wicks. Somehow I went from 7 bucks to $21.

Gotta love this!

~~Kelly~~