Help...My red is not red!

Hi everyone...I just poured Cinnamon sticks and I am not happy with the color. I used a combination wax 70% parrafin, 30% soy...

I did everything the same as I have before except I used a new liquid color...brand new bottle! I used black to darken it up. I test poured in a small amount and the color looked like a lighter red ( I thought I could live with a light red). I was afraid to put too much color in for fear of clogging the wicks. Well, I poured and now it is a red-ish mauve...I have orders for some that I need to deliver as soon as they cure!! I thought about just giving them a small price cut on the candle...I don't want the candles to go to waste...they smell soooooo good. Any ideas would help. Thanks in advance.

Kimmi

Guest amynleebishop
Hi everyone...I just poured Cinnamon sticks and I am not happy with the color. I used a combination wax 70% parrafin, 30% soy...

I did everything the same as I have before except I used a new liquid color...brand new bottle! I used black to darken it up. I test poured in a small amount and the color looked like a lighter red ( I thought I could live with a light red). I was afraid to put too much color in for fear of clogging the wicks. Well, I poured and now it is a red-ish mauve...I have orders for some that I need to deliver as soon as they cure!! I thought about just giving them a small price cut on the candle...I don't want the candles to go to waste...they smell soooooo good. Any ideas would help. Thanks in advance.

Kimmi

Kimmi~

I would not give them a price cut b/cuz the color did not come out just right. I sometimes do not always get my baked apple the same color red each time and I tell people that there are different dye lots with each batch. They are still getting the same great product it is just not hot red!! I would not even mention it unless they do.;)

When I add black to red I always get a marvelous black cherry color, but a terrible cinnamon color. To do cinnamon (or fireplace or any other scent like that) I add BROWN- NOT BLACK!!! So try a bit of brown instead!-Kristi

And try dropping a drip onto a white plate to test the color. By the time the wax is ready to pour, the drip is hardened and you can see your final color. I LOVE this tip!

I say who cares if it is bright red??? Customers should know it is homemade and every batch is different. At least every batch of wax is... Don't tell them they won't know. Also who's color did you buy, some take a lot more drops to get a bright/dark color. I have Rustics, EVO and Pryme liquid colors. Rustic color is by far the strongest of the three and maybe it's what you are use to but I just like their shades too.