What To Use To Get A Cream Colour?

Feel a bit embarrassed asking this but I was wondering how do you get a nice rich cream colour for paraffin wax. I want to make some heart pillars and our local florist has a lot of cream in at the moment. My DH suggested a teeny tiny touch of brown (have yet to try this), but would appreciate hearing your suggestions. Thanks.

The creamy appearance has a lot to do with the type of wax you have.

If you use a really translucent wax it may be more difficult to get a creamy looking candle. Try experimenting with your colors. Try some liquid colors too, if you haven't already. Adding small ammounts of ivory and/or brown can add a little extra depth to your color.

I use 2 sizes of drops for liquid dyes. One is from the eyedropper which comes in the dye bottle, the other is what I call a small drop, which I get by dipping the pointed end of a thin food skewer into the dye. To get a cream color, try 1 small drop of brown/lb. I would also try 1 small drop of yellow and 1 big drop of brown/lb.

Both will give you a passable cream color.

Fredron

Ok, I totally misunderstood your post. You wanted the color cream, not creamy appearance :embarasse Sorry... A combo of ivory and a touch of brown will make cream. I use a color chip called butterscotch combined with ivory and this gives a nice cream color. Depending on the type of cream you want, you may want to add a smidge of a pink or coral.

Ok, chalk that one up to my mental moment of the day :laugh2:

I just use ivory for cream, after all it's more or less the same. Simply add a little more than you would to obtain a normal ivory. To get a nice ivory I add 2gm of colour flakes to 100gm of wax, to get a nice cream just make it 4gm, et voila ! icon12.gif

Keith

Candelights in the UK