Is there a difference with soap and candle wax dyes?

There is a difference in some. Most I have seen are for both, but I had accidentally used a soap only one once and got the results like you're getting. it was kind of like an oil in water sort of, the just don't mix. I usually use the chips now.

I would call the suppliers and ask. It is so important to make sure the liquids are skin safe. Otherwise you have an epidemic on your hands. I would imagine the chips can be used, especially if you look on some soap making boards and they mention using crayons to cut costs.

I would call the suppliers and ask. It is so important to make sure the liquids are skin safe. Otherwise you have an epidemic on your hands. I would imagine the chips can be used, especially if you look on some soap making boards and they mention using crayons to cut costs.

I would highly recommend staying away from crayons. Not only do they smoke when you are burning the candle but honestly they are not made for coloring your candles. You will spend less money by ordering luquid drops, color blocks or chips from a supplier.

Good luck.