Aroma Bead Ornies QUICK HELP PLEASE

Ok I want to make some but i know you have to scent the beads first.. I cant find how much FO to use though BCN site only says to put the beads and FO in a jar and then wait for the oil to be sucked up.. PLEASE HELP how much do i need to put in of each?

eta.. reread it a million times and now i see that it says for the demo they used 1tbs FO and 4 tbs beads.. is this about right?

The BCN website has great instructions for making ornies. Print them out so they will be easier to follow. There are 2 sets of instructions - one for the ornaments and one for air freshener I think. Depending the FO you are using 3 to 4 T of beads to 1 T of FO works great.

Thanks for the help! I have a few pepermint snowflakes now for my car and family's cars...

I know that it says the scent should last for a few months but what is everyones experience?

If i make them and bag them will this help them hold their scent untill the reciever gets them?

TIA

I think it depends of the amt of FO you use. I usually put about 3/4 jar of beads and add the FO (unfortunately I don't measure these). Once this fo is sucked up, I add more. Mine usually last 2-3 months.

Keep in mind that when your beads 'suck up' the FO, they will expand so make sure you don't start out with a full jar of beads!

HTH! I love making these, and my daughter loves to shake the jars!

I love making them too.I think it is very theraputic to make them. shaking the jars is a family affair-my kids love to shake them and my family comes over quite a bit for dinner and cards and my jars are always on the table getting passed to shake. my brothers think I neglect :rolleyes2 the beads too much and don't shake them enough. My brothers are kinda well we just won't say....

I follow BCN's directions for the ornies. 1T of oil to 4T of beads. Some of the oils are thicker and need more beads added to cure completly.

I love making the beads....I use 1 cup beads and 1 tbs. FO and it's working pretty good. Sometimes with a few oils I have to add more beads. Warm Vanilla Sugar is horrible to soak in! I have made the ornies and have been testing them for 2 weeks........not much fragrance in the car even with the heater blowers on. I have found that the beads in a sachet placed over the vent or defroster works much better. I had really hoped that the ornies put out alot of fragrance........but so far not so good! Any other suggestions?

Indy

I think you do not have enough FO added. I use 4 tbs.beads to 1 tbs FO . If you are using 1 cup beads I would believe you should be using 1/4 cup FO. It may take a day for all the FO to be soaked up in the beads or maybe even two weeks depending on the FO.

HTH

Sandy~WI