pics from craft show

Brandies22

Oh I know about shows like that ... ALL too well. We all have them, but see you aren't a show virgin now. You know what all you can do now. If you have someone working with you, you might cruise the shows and check out what other people do in their booths. Try to avoid what's IN the booth unless you like spending your money ;)

NIcely displayed and festive.I am getting ready to do my first Christmas show this coming week-end.Halloween is over and it will be first of NOV so I hope people are ready.Someone asked me in Sept if I will have Christmas jars.Last year didn't but this year will.Jars were shipped yesterday so not alot of time when I get them.

It will get better.I have made booth fees but a few times just barely.So I try to stay away from the ones that are so high to make sure I don't go in the hole.Talked to another crafter who is organizing the one next week and we can get in one for $250 but we don't want to chance it.It is huge and people tell me they do good but I am not ready for those chances.

LynnS

Sorry to hear about a slow show.. Don't be discouraged as it does get better. Each show is a learning experience. It took a few shows for me just to get used to being at a show. I watch what the people pick up, listen to comments, I check out other venders and see how they display their products, what attracts me to a booth and what keeps me out. Go to shows you are not showing at and learn, learn learn. Take all that info and apply it to your situation and over time you will make money.

After every show, after I print out my reports, I write notes on the show.. the weather, the mood of the crowd.. buyers or just shoppers, what sold, what was not even looked at and what was requested I did not have. I look at these and decide if anything needs to be changed before the next show. I'm still at a place where changes are needed to improve my sales. The nice thing about taking notes is the next year before I do the show again I review my notes and make sure I am ready for that particular shows crowd.