Anyone make roll on perfume oils?

ah-soy

I just picked up a bunch of super cute mini roll on perfume bottles to try and thought they would be a great way to use some of my extra body safe fragrance oils I'm not using for candles. I have DPG and Jojoba oil and was just wondering what a safe percentage would be. Someone suggested 50/50 but thought I'd ask some other experienced experts! TIA!

There's no set formula, you're going to have to just try it and see what you like the best, and test it for feel and longevity.

For example, I started w/ 100% FCO that lots of people love, but I found it felt kind of dry and "scratchy", papery, on my skin. hard to describe. I wanted a "fuller", "thicker" feeling. I do a blend of jojoba and FCO..

I've been making and selling these for almost four years now, and have tried a number of carrier oils. I keep coming back to golden jojoba oil (haven't noticed a smell in the golden, and the color says "perfume" more so than a clear oil, to me.)

DPG is skin safe (hell, it's used in many FOODS as well) but I think it feels sticky and nasty as a carrier oil. Also it has no status quality to the buyer.

FCO was irritating/drying to several of my testers' skins. I liked it but did not want to risk using it.

Sweet Almond is very, very nice and I use it on perfumes I make for myself, as well as for my oil cleansing method for my face, etc. but a lot of folks are allergic to nuts, as well as the problem that it has a short shelf life and some folks keep these perfume roll ons for years. Recently at a show, a woman pulled one out of her purse she was still using (sparingly) after almost 3 years. I knew, because it had my old-old-old labels on it. Yikes.

Like I said, I keep coming back to jojoba. It CAN go rancid, though: I had a pound bottle sitting in full exposure to in a sunny window for a few months by accident (hubby moved stuff around and didn't realized oils need to stay out of the sun). When I went to use it, it had a definite odor that nothing could cover. I had to toss it. That was the only time I've ever had a spoilage with jojoba.

There's no set formula, you're going to have to just try it and see what you like the best, and test it for feel and longevity.

For example, I started w/ 100% FCO that lots of people love, but I found it felt kind of dry and "scratchy", papery, on my skin. hard to describe. I wanted a "fuller", "thicker" feeling. I do a blend of jojoba and FCO.

You sound exactly like me. I just do not like FCO at all though. I find it irritating period in any blend. I also like that thicker feel upon application as well.