pls give some recepie for shampoo bar

ashwini

It seems there is no real difference between a soap bar and a shampoo bar. I haven't seen a while lot posted here on shampoo bars but have read about them a lot on other boards. Some add apple cider vinegar to theirs or another chelating agent, but for the most part they are just mild soaps.

I just found a recipe for a solid shampoo bar that got raves at the Dish. Excellent was used by a couple of folks to describe this soap.

Edited by Bunny - Sorry Red Rosie, we can't post recipes from other forums, only link to them unless we have the owner of the recipie's permission. Thanks for understanding!

Does anyone on here use a bar shampoo? I did make one that got rave reviews (I believe it may have been from the Whisk) and it made my scalp flakey. Ended up just using it as a bath soap. Even scented it "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific" for those of you old enough to remember that great old shampoo!! I loved that stuff.

Glo

I now only use shampoo bars on my hair and have been for months now. I was skeptical when I first started to make them since I had used Burts Bees shampoo bar and it left my hair feeling like straw. Plus, I have always been a salon shampoo girl. All of my testers just loved them and feedback was positive. I love my shampoo bars too and now have trouble keeping them in stock. I make mine with lots of castor, co, jojoba oil and OO. I made a batch the other week and put Neem oil in it since I read it is very good for the skin and hair. Stinks to high heaven though. I am testing it now and even with only about a week and half cure time, it is very mild.

Does anyone on here use a bar shampoo? I did make one that got rave reviews (I believe it may have been from the Whisk) and it made my scalp flakey. Ended up just using it as a bath soap. Even scented it "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific" for those of you old enough to remember that great old shampoo!! I loved that stuff.

Glo

Shampoo bars are all I use. It's all I've used for about a year now. I rarely need to use a rinse, but we have a pretty good water treatment system in our house so our water is really soft. I use an apple cider vinegar rinse about once every 10 days or so. I also use my own conditioner also.

In fact I think the only real "cosmetic" type of product I BUY is my lipstick and mascara.. Everything else is something I make myself. :)

I make a shampoo bar and use it also.

IMO- what makes them shampoo bars are the oils, essential oils and castor oil to change the lather properties from bubbly soap to a thick lather.

There is a very apparent difference in my regular bars compared to my shampoo bars when it comes to the thickness of the lather.