New picture of wedding basket

marika

My friend's daughter is getting married Friday and I made her a romance gift basket for her bath. Is it tacky to do clear shrink wrap so all the guests can see it?

Mari

I couldn't justify a 60 mile trip for a yard of tulle so this will have to do. Thanks for all the advice!:wink2:

attachment.php?attachmentid=8886&stc=1&d=1161899252

http://www.candletech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8871&stc=1&d=1161828597

http://www.candletech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8872&stc=1&d=1161828597

post-1315-139458411589_thumb.jpg

post-1315-13945841159_thumb.jpg

post-1315-139458411633_thumb.jpg

I think it looks nice too, however, I do think the basket is a little too small for the items you have in there, unless you can re-position some items so that the glass container isn't sitting on the edge of the basket. I also really like Candle Freak's idea of using tulle to wrap the basket in...it would be more fitting to the occassion.

...if you wanted to try another "see through" approach that is softer and lends more to the "romantic" feel of the basket try using some tulle...it's pretty cheap as well - walmart usually carries for 77 or 87c a yard....

exactly! That is my FAVORITE material to work with... tulle and burlap....(ofcourse you can't put burlap around a basket but it sure dresses up a promo ad....)..... tulle is very elegant.... your wal=mart charges 87?! mine charges 1.00/yd..:(

looks very pretty, she's going love it, everything fits together good, i like the clear wrap myself, i done 2 baskets for a lady this week , both for a wedding gift. after she picked them up she was going get a couple of the pretty wedding gift bags at walmart and put them in, i told her about seeing them there large enough for putting a basket in and decorated pretty in wedding theme.