has anyone used koolaid in bath salts?

swimswamswum

Hi all-

I was wondering if anyone has used kool aid in bath salts. I want to make a citrus (lime or lemon) oooh or raspberry striped bath salts in a jar and want something where the scent will last. It also provides scent and color cheaply and easily. But will it ruin my grout or turn my kids green/red? They would love the water turning a color... but I don't want them to look like aliens :shocked2: thanks for any input!!!

Jessica

I'd have to agree with Bunny...skip the Kool-Aid. We used to use Kool-Aid to "dye" our hair in junior high (don't ask, LOL, we were in North Dakota...there's not alot to do in the winter!). I can't imagine taking a bath with anything using Kool-Aid. Think about how long the dang Kool-Aid mustache sticks on kids.....definitely skip the Kool-Aid!

D

I'm rationalizing the yogurt due to the sugar content in the kool-aid. I'm thinking it would cause "problems." ;)

I'm also thinking that you might want to try something else to color your salts with. I have used a teny tiny bit of wilton's colorings. I have also used the cheaper colorants from Hobby Lobby. They worked pretty good, although I didn't really get a dark color from them.

Silly question as it is, I wonder if the sugar free would cause the same ill effects? I'm thinking it's aspertain in those? Hmm.. off to research.

ok- -

just fyi I was going to use the cheapo packets that don't have sugar added yet.... I just don't want green/red kids- my hubbie would lose it..... I'll look into some cheap colorant from Micheals and maybe orange fo- hopefully that will hold scent longer than eo.

thanks!!!!

......... We used to use Kool-Aid to "dye" our hair in junior high (don't ask, LOL, we were in North Dakota...there's not alot to do in the winter!).

D

Cherry was our favorite in NY too... not just a Dakota thing.... That was back in the late 80's - early 90's..... (man, I'm getting old... about to hit the 30 speed bump Jan 2nd)....