I'm At Wits End

Hi all, I have been trying to wick Peaks Blackberry Sage in a Wide mouth Pint Jar with an opening of 3". I have tried HTP wicks clear up to a 1312 and the largest size ECO wick which is an ECO 14. I can not seem to get this wicked right. I'm using golden wax 444 and blackberry sage at 1 oz pp of wax. I'm also using bitter creek liquid dyes about 6 drops pp of wax. I'm getting really frustrated here and am about to decide I'm not going to be able to get this fragrance wicked right. The flame is fine for the first burn but gradually gets weaker in subsiquent burns. I'm not able to reach a full melt pool even on the first burn. I can't even get blackberry sage wicked right in a regular mason jar with an opening of about 2 1/2. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I might be doing wrong or what else I might try?? I'd greatly appreciate ANY help. Thanks!:D

Good luck with this. there was a discussion last year about the same thing. I've never been able to wick that FO, either. Don't know why. I only make melts and wickless with it now. I've tried HTP, LX, RRD in J223, APOP and now GL 70/30.

Thanks so much for everyones help. You are all such a wonderful group of people here. I have been making candles for the last year and this board has been such a help to me. I am constantly reading and learning from all of you. I will try cutting the amount of fragrance oil that I am using to see if that helps.

I tried 3% and burned today..still not having very good luck. I poured 2 different size jars. I Tried 3% fragrance and ECO 14 in a wide mouth Mason with a 3 inch opening and ECO 10 in regular mason with a 2 1/2 inch opening. Neither are burning well, they are still drowning out.....GRRRRRR!!! This is so frustrating. I absolutely LOVE this scent and want to get it wicked, lol. I ordered some RRD wicks today so hopefully I have some luck with that. I wondered if it could be the 444 wax that I'm using but I wicked BN's Sex on the beach with an ECO 8 in a regular Mason at 1% fragrance oil pp. The wax came out of the same batch of wax I have been using for the Blackberry sage. The Sex on the Beach is burning fine. If I can't get this fragrance wicked with the RRD's I think I'll have to give up on it. I'll let you all know how it goes.

You may also want to also consider CD's perhaps 12 14 and 16. It is not unusual to go through 5 or more brands before you find one that works and different brands may work with different fo's so it is best to get samples of the brands and keep on hand for testing, at least this has been my experience. I have tested Eco, HTP, LX, CD, RRD, Premier and yes have even tried zinc and paper core out of desperation, the only type I have not tried yet is Hemp and may purchase a few just to see how they burn. HTH...:cool2: