Question: what attracts people to your candles?

lpoitras

The package makes them stop and pick it up.

The Fragrance makes them put it down or take it home.

The hot throw and burn qualities brings them back for more.

I totally agree with Michael. The style of the container comes first- I'm into rustic so would look for something to fit that bill rather than country or contemporary. Of course, if I can't smell it and it doesn't burn well, I won't be buying more.

But they don't stay in business long, because they haven't learned that they gain more on return customers than always finding new ones.

That is SO on target! I recently did a show in which I almost doubled the sales from the previous year from the same show. In looking at my customer base that day, I would guess more than 70% came from repeat customers.

Ditto here, V.E. And to answer the original question, I would have to say first, the color/packaging grabs the eye and beckons customers to investigate further. Names of scents can further entice, along with the scents themselves.

But you guys are right, natch. Repeat customers come back because they've tried the product and like it. The claims you made were true. Sometimes when they come back, they even bring their friends! :D

ME~~~~~I sell my candles Naked!!!! LOL:shocked2: J/J

On a serious note... It is a combination of marketing, packaging, customer service, and of course quality!! (Great hot and cold throw and a candle that burns well)

Word of mouth goes a long way.

When people are happy they come back, again, and again.:yay: