Thickness of mylar used for lining soap molds...

DonnaGA

According to my calipers, it's 0.015 inch, which I believe is 15 mils.

Make sure what you order is heat resistant. I bought cheaper sheets at the hobby store one time that weren't designed for high temps, and they warped when the soap gelled.

I found something that works totally awesome for lining the soap molds.........FUNKY FOAM! That stuff is slicker then a whistle. You cut a piece for the bottom then you cut 4 pieces for the sides. It peels right off the soap when it is done and you swish it in the sink and let it airdry and it is ready for the next time! I bought it at Hobby Lobby and it is 79 cents for a 12x18 sheet!

I found something that works totally awesome for lining the soap molds.........FUNKY FOAM! That stuff is slicker then a whistle. You cut a piece for the bottom then you cut 4 pieces for the sides. It peels right off the soap when it is done and you swish it in the sink and let it airdry and it is ready for the next time! I bought it at Hobby Lobby and it is 79 cents for a 12x18 sheet!

Is this heat resistant though? I do CPOP

Is this heat resistant though? I do CPOP

Well..........I put my molds in the oven all the time lined with this to get a full gel...but then I am sure my oven temp isn't above 200 degrees. I have lined every single one of my molds with this stuff....speeds up the entire process of not having to work with freezer wrap!

I want to call and see if my Hobby Lobby carries this. What section did you find it in?