If the bubbles are a good sign I just made soap! Yippee!

Peachdream

I attempted my first batch (OHP) and by the quantity of bubbles in my pot when I rinsed it after pouring I think it may be soap! I was a little worried by how long it took in the oven, so turned it up a bit and put the fan on (was that a good idea?) after an hour. In true newbie fashion I got my first zap before turning it up for the last 15 mins.

I made the recipe from a few things I had in the cupboard PO 25%, CO 25%, cocoa butter 10%, castor 10% and good old cheap canola 30%. It had an INS of 143 which the soapcalc would probably say is too low?

Thank you to DH for stirring like a madman, seeing my SB died a few weeks ago. And a big thank you to AJ (crafty1) whose recent thread on HP I followed, along with all you other guru's that helped me get over the fear of working with Lye. Thank you!

Whew....need a drink and a wee rest now:)

Will post some pics tomorrow if its ok to unmold then.

Here are a couple of pics of the cut soap. It seems to be hardening up well and I was impressed with the creaminess of the lather. There are a few darker lines/patches, not sure if that is fragrance or colour not mixed in maybe? I used Vanilla FO. Thank you so much for all your support guys! Already planning my next batch, of course, but have some MP soaps my sister has ordered off me for xmas so will be back to that for a few weeks (if I can control myself, of course:drool:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/peachdream/Picture002small.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/peachdream/Picture001small.jpg