EZsoy tealight and votive wicking

I've read so many different posts and have gotten just as many varied opinions regarding what wicks work best with soy votives and tealights. Specfically, there was nothing in regards to EZsoy. So, I went to the supplier (where I purchase my product) and asked them. After mentioning that they've never worked with EZsoy, they suggested I use CD8 or CD10 in my votives. Nothing suggested for EZsoy tealights. If they've never worked with EZsoy, I don't know whether to trust what I'm being told regarding the wicks. So.......I come to you for HELP!! :bow:

Which wicks would I use for EZsoy tealights and EZsoy votives. I know there are quite a few of you who use EZsoy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:D

I'd suggest buying a wick kit. It'd be cheaper for you in the long run, plus you will have several different sizes in case you want to try different containers. They come in several different types (cd, htp,...) with multiple wicks of all different sizes. Good luck! I've never tried the votives or tealights in ez soy.

Actually the only thing I use EZ for now are my tealights. I use the TL 25 and sometimes the TL 28 wicks from Candle Science. The TL 28 burns a bit hot but sometimes I need it hot to melt some tarts that were made with a very high melt point temp. wax

Scroll down to "TL Series" for a discription.

http://www.candlescience.com/wick/pretabbed-wick.php

http://www.candlescience.com/wick/tl-25/

http://www.candlescience.com/wick/tl-28/

Thanks, all. In the past few months of reading and research, I forgot why I even chose EZsoy. Somewhere I got the impression that it would make votives, tealights, wax melts (tarts) as well as containers. In reading on another board tonight, at another website, apparently people ARE making votives out of EZsoy...but their results are that the votive is too soft and dents up easily. :confused: Okay, so I won't use EZsoy for votives. Then what wax would compare to EZsoy that would make a good votive? And now another question arises....can I make wax melts (tarts) with EZsoy?

Thanks for any help. I appreciate the info!

I am sure others will chime in with more suggestions. I have made tarts with EZ but I had to pop them into the freezer for a bit to get them out of the tart mold. They were very soft. I would imagine you could use some type of additive to firm them up a bit. The main problem I had with the tarts was that they looked ok at first but soon developed major frosting. I took some out that had been stored for several months and some that were at least 1 year. Boy are they ugly!