Adhering Ribbon on Jar

Holly

For those of you who put a ribbon around the neck/lip of your jars, what do you adhere it with? There are all kinds of glues out there. I am going to be making some special jars for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanks in advance! :)

I just tie the ribbon to the neck of the jar. I recommend that the customer remove it before burning.

Hi Bev,

Thanks for the response. I have to adhere this type like those who have their company name on a ribbon that is around the jar at the neck with no tie/bow. Thanks. :)

I'd use those little double sided sticky things that you use for scrapbooking...

I've used them on the back just to hold the ribbon in place... you can cut them in 1/2 - that's enough to hold

Thanks Teri. I thought there was something like that but was not sure if it would hold well. I will go back to Michaels and see if they have that. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

~Holly

I understand. What about tacky glue? I think that's good for fabric.

I could try that. I was wondering what others has had success with because I would hate for it to come loose from the heat. Whitebarn Candles has the ribbon around it but I never looked closely enough to see how they adhere their's. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Thanks. I think the last time I was at Michaels and was looking at the different glue, I did see some double sided sticky stuff, but I think I remembering only seeing the kind that was too thick. I need to look around there in another section next time. Was it in the scrapbooking section?

I will have to also look at the dollar stores around here too. Thanks. :)

I use Jewel It Embelishing Glue.

Name Brand - Aleens

It's good for applying glass to fabric or vise versa.

I used to just tie the ribbon on, but then everytime someone takes the lid off, the ribbon would come off and they would just do whatevr with the ribbon. This glue works pretty good for me.

I tried the E6000, but it's in a tube and it dries quickly, so if you are doing a few jars at once, it seems to dry in the tube end before you can get to the next jar.

This is just what I use and works for me.

Tracy

Thanks TexasBrat and Tracy. I think I will stop off at Michaels tonight after the gym and look at these options. Tracy, I used that glue a long time ago for different things before I made candles....I forgot about that one. I will look into that.

That would drive me nuts too if the tie would come off when someone opens the lid. It has even happened to my candles a few times and I use the gold elastic. It is kinda funny to watch people open up lids....they all do it a little differently. I am such a perfectionist that when I see a tag or tie messed up it drives me nuts! :shocked2:

Thanks again.

That would drive me nuts too if the tie would come off when someone opens the lid. It has even happened to my candles a few times and I use the gold elastic. It is kinda funny to watch people open up lids....they all do it a little differently. I am such a perfectionist that when I see a tag or tie messed up it drives me nuts! :shocked2:

Thanks again.

Then ya better get some glue, cuz that's what you'll be doin' all day and every time. People take the lid off, the ribbon comes off and they just do whatever with it. So far, I've had good luck with the Jewel It. I place some glue on the back and front. I don't do it all the way around.

Hope you master it, it's a good feeling when something works and goes your way.

Tracy