Tip to share--Filling Lipbalm Tubes

sockmonkey

I found a way that works for me to keep those dang tubes from falling over. I used ice cube trays, filled the cavities with epsom salts and stuck my tubes in the cavities.

That allowed my tubes to stay put and the salt caught any excess wax, which when hardened easily flaked off in a solid piece. I guess if you're frugal you could keep those pieces and add them to a salt scrub.

It's a very cheap solution for anyone who doesn't want to pay for a real holder which can cost $35. I bought ice cube trays 3/$1 at the Dollar General Store, and we all know how cheap epsom salt is.

I am getting one from a guy on the Dish, Ric. He can make them so they fill flush with the tube top or so that the balm is slightly above the tube. His are reasonably priced on Soapsaver. I'll get mine in a couple of weeks (He has to make it) and I'll post about it. I think he said the 25 tube tray is $22 including shipping.